Backup Software: CrashPlan ProE
- Easy install and clean end-user experience.
- Clients available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Solaris.
- User can self-restore files, even across different file systems.
- Files are encrypted on the client using 448-bit encryption. Local client interface can be password protected.
- Allows backup to local external drive, or other devices running CrashPlan PROe Client.
- Data is kept On-Campus, under BFTV Control at all times. No third party retention of data. Allows compliance with some grants.
Crashplan PROe Client License: $400 for 5 devices for three years
- A ‘device’ includes any Windows, Macintosh, or Linux system backing up to the server.
- Cost may be pro-rated to end of three year contract, on a yearly basis.
- Five – device minimum purchase, additional devices $80 for three years.
- This cost, combined with an offering of 200GB of space, makes us cost-competitive to other third party, non-university hosted solutions. (See chart in Full Proposal.)