Visas & Visiting Scholars

Contact Email


Please use the email address provided above for Visa and Visiting Scholar requests, including:

  • J-1 Short Term Scholars
  • J-1 Research Scholars
  • J-1 Undergraduate Researcher
  • H-1B Specialty Worker
  • F-1 OPT Worker
  • O-1 Extraordinary Ability Employee
  • TN Nafta Treaty Worker
  • Permanent Residency

Hello!  This website contains information and links relevant to visiting J-1 scholars.  Most of the content here is drawn from the website of the UC Davis Department of Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS).  This website is not officially affiliated with any UC Davis website. For more information, please visit the official SISS website, so click here to visit that site.  (You will find information on scholar programs, other types of visas, etc.) Also see the US State Department website on J-1 visas by clicking here.

To participate in a visiting scholar program with Viticulture and Enology, Food Science and Technology, or Biological and Agricultural Engineering, please contact your prospective hosting faculty member. If invited to Davis, your host will contact our office to begin the work authorization process. 

If you have any questions, suggestions for the website, or just want to get in touch with me, don’t hesitate to email me (Jessica Marie Fareri) at–I hope this website helps you plan your trip here and gives you useful information.  I look forward to meeting you!